Fo 50 years, Beaver Ridge United Methodist Church has provided a quality preschool experience for one, two, three, four and five year old children in the Karns community. We strive to provide a developmentally appropriate experience for each child within a caring, loving environment. Beaver Ridge Preschool first opened in 1963 as a kindergarten program. Over the years, changes in early education in our schools and growth in the Karns community have taken place and the programs at Beaver Ridge UMC have adapted and grown to meet the needs of families in the west Knoxville area. The preschool years are an exciting time of growth and development. We are committed to providing for your child an exciting adventure of learning and play in a warm, loving Christian environment.
- Provide opportunities for children to gain confidence and a healthy self-concept.
- Provide a Christian environment where God’s love is spoken of, shared, and modeled on an ongoing basis.
- Provide opportunities for your child to develop socially, cognitively, and emotionally.
- Provide activities that will develop fine motor and gross motor skills.
- Provide multi-sensory activities that will expose children to reading and math readiness skills.
- Provide a variety of experiences in the areas of music, literature, science, nature, and art in order to encourage creativity and foster a love of learning.
Beaver Ridge offers both a Parent’s Day Out program and a Preschool program during the regular Knox County school year. We also offer a summer Parent’s Day Out Program and a summer T-N-T program for children who have completed kindergarten thru grade 5. Please see each tab from the drop down menu for further information on these programs or contact Vicki Davenport.
Check out more information on our website!
Phone: 865-531-2052 Hours: Monday – Thursday 9am-1pm
Visit our Facebook page